Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Strawberry Avocado Salad

This is a quick and easy summer salad that can be used as a side or as a meal.

Ingredients
Salad
  • 1 Avocado, cubed
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries
  • 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup walnut pieces
  • baby spinach
Dressing
  • 1/8 cup olive oil, extra virgin
  • 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Place oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small jar and shake well. 
2. Mix the spinach, avocados, strawberries, onions and walnuts in a large bowl.
3. Add the oil and vinegar mixture and toss lightly.

Notes:
  • You could whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl if you don’t have a jar.
  • Instead of spinach, you could use any combination of leafy greens.
  • You could substitute pecans for the walnuts
  • I have added grilled chicken slices in order to make this a meal in itself.


If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and if you try the recipe, as always, I would love any feedback you would care to give.

14 comments:

  1. Oh yum... I want to try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dana...let me know what you think after you try it.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Ooh I agree with Dana, I want to try this. How many people will this serve? Can I double it? Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa...the portions above are for two when using two large handfuls of spinach per person. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Hope you enjoy!

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. Cat,

    Love strawberries and avocados but never tried them together. Adding the chicken to make a meal really sounds delicious. Thank you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ronnie...they are super yummy together...especially with balsamic and black pepper. It is so easy to just broil some chicken breasts or buy a rotisserie chicken and then cut pieces to use. If you try this, let me know what you think. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. This sounds delish Cat, though I would substitute the spinach (yuck lol :) Thank you for sharing this. I will definitely have to try this!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roz...you are too funny...baby spinach is very good but you can substitute any leafy greens you want. Let me know how this turns out for you. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. This is a great salad,, one of my favorite spring salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny...I take it you have a similar recipe...so good isn't it. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Terps...let me know how it turns out for you. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Sounds delish!! I am going to give this a try. I wonder if you could use raspberries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Minelle...I am sure you could use raspberries either in addition to or instead of strawberries. Strawberries just happen to be one of my favorite fruits so when I go to create a new recipe, they are always in my freezer and/or refrigerator. If you make this, let me know how it turns out and which fruit you use. ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.